This weekend was pretty relaxing for us. We spent most of today just reading or walking around town. On Saturday, we made a trip out to the Mines of Spain in Dubuque to do some light hiking (it still amazes me how many wonderful parks there are near us, particularly along the Mississippi). While it’s nice to have a break, there’s so much going on this spring that we’re looking forward to, it was probably our last quiet weekend for awhile. Here’s some of the things we’re looking forward to over the next few weeks:
- The Wisconsin Grilled Cheese Championship (April 23rd, Dodgeville) – This is the 5th year for the event, and my 4th year judging. It’s always been a lot of fun and there will be live music, food, beer, and maybe a little cheese.
- Leslie’s concert at Tequila Point (April 23rd, Mineral Point) – Come here Leslie sing a mix of Jazz, Americana, and 1980’s thrash metal.
- Afternoon Tea at the Mineral Point Collection (April 24th, Mineral Point) – Join proprietors Catherine and Tekie for a chance to tastes some of the wonderful imported English treats available in the store.
- Enos Farms brunch at Arcadia (April 24th, Spring Green) – Last brunch of the season, but Enos Farms will still be making lunch at Arcadia Mon-Sat.
- Miles Nielsen and the Rusted Hearts (April 30th, Mineral Point) – The Mineral Point Opera House 2016 season is packed with great concerts, such as this. If you haven’t been to a show yet, give it a try!
- Spring Green Library book reading (May 7th, Spring Green) – Friends of Driftless Appetite JM and Nicole will be reading from their book Madison Food: A History of Capital Cuisine.
- Mineral Point Farmer’s Market (May 7th, Mineral Point) – First of the year. Can’t miss!
- Clay in May (May 7th & 8th, Mineral Point) – One of our favorite annual events in MP.
- Morel Mushroom Festival (May 14th & 15th, Muscoda) – Hoping to go, and hoping it will be a good year for morels.
- Ten Dollar House (May 15th, Mineral Point) – We can’t wait see this play about a couple, Edgar and Bob, who played huge role in revitalizing Mineral Point.
Hopefully, we’ll see you at a few of these. If you know anything else going on that we’d be interested in, please let us know!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.